[Dxspider-support] Telnet connection keep alive

jarmo oh1mrr at nic.fi
Mon Nov 14 05:44:16 GMT 2016

Sun, 13 Nov 2016 23:06:22 +0100
"Pascal Stevenhaagen \[PB1SAM\] via Dxspider-support"
<dxspider-support at dxcluster.org> kirjoitti:

> The problem is that NAT and firewall don't know when a connection is
> ended. Therefore they work with a timeout.

In my case it is not NAT. I have there default settings, how hard
firewall blocks traffic. It is set "LOW". If I set it "MEDIUM" and take
connect into cluster, connection "kind" a happens, but I don't get
nothing back, no prompts, no welcome messages :).

So this is router failure. Somehow it does not accept established
connections 2-way. And as most of cases, documentation IS piece of
crab. It's Sagemcom Fast 3686AC cable modem.

I'll keep on looking, how to adjust routers firewall... Now my system
works fine...

Thanks for taking time with this case...

Jarmo