[Dxspider-support] emergency rebuild for va3mw-7

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Fri Feb 10 11:56:39 GMT 2017

In fact the RECOMMENDED way to do this is to copy the whole tree to the
new machine.

The chances are it will "just work" and, at worst, it will require a
rebuild of the user and dxqsl databases.

On "best distros", I would recommend a Debian based distro (e.g. Debian
or Ubuntu) as they are kept more up to date than Centos ones. As a
historical note, I used to be RPM based from the very early days of
Redhat until approximately the start of Centos 5. But I am now firmly
convinced that the "Debian way" is better and I use Ubuntu (usually in
the form of Xubuntu, but am now flirting with using Cinnamon as the UI).

Dirk