[Dxspider-support] Help & Questions

Ed autek at comcast.net
Sat Feb 18 22:24:42 GMT 2017

On Sat, 18 Feb 2017 14:02:35 -0800
Bill Shell via Dxspider-support <dxspider-support at dxcluster.org> wrote:

> Ed,
> Your comments of /spider/perl/cluster.pl running as root is wrong.
> Your dxspider process configuration file /etc/init/dxspider.conf
> should define the run levels and owner of the process.  In the
> example you gave, it has /spider/perl/cluster.pl running as a process
> as sysop. -Bill

I took the info right from your PDF and the dxspider.conf was done as
sudo as you instructed.

Also it showed in top as being run as root.

I've removed all the respawn/restart files and went back to just manual
for now.

My biggest concern is where is all the memory going to, nothing shows in
top, and it just keeps using more memory all the time.

Ed