[Dxspider-support] Wiki

Mike McCarthy, W1NR lists at w1nr.net
Thu Jan 5 15:40:32 GMT 2017

The CentOS instructions use "git" to pull the files into the spider
directory rather than using a tarball. It's just another way to do it.
You can use either method. You are also not locked into putting it into
a folder under the sysop user. I put it in /var/spider instead and set
the link to it. My install has /var as a separate partition. Under
CentOS, /var is used to house other "server" related things like WEB,
FTP and email.

The other comment looks like the only difference being the '#' vs. '$'
at the start of the line. You don't type those characters. They simply
represent a "prompt" from the shell. It may be very different on your
system.

73 de Mike, W1NR