[Dxspider-support] Autostart

Bill Shell n6ws at n6ws.com
Mon Jan 30 18:27:28 GMT 2017

Ed,

Yes, I understand the that v2.10 will not work on the new Jan 2017
Raspbian OS.  I left that version and v1.12 on my site, simply because
there are several users still using old versions of Raspbian.  I had an
explanation of the differences in the versions, but that just confused
people.

You have to look at the notes for the Aug 2016 release to see the
differences in the starting of services and application run as a
service.  I didn't know of changes to ssh, but it didn't seem to change
anything in the operation of ssh.

Are you issuing the command to register the service exactly as:
sudo update-rc.d dxspider defaults

There is a dash between update and rc.d, not a space.

-Bill