[Dxspider-support] Autostart

Ed autek at comcast.net
Mon Jan 30 17:54:47 GMT 2017

On Mon, 30 Jan 2017 09:15:11 -0800
Bill Shell via Dxspider-support <dxspider-support at dxcluster.org> wrote:

> Ed,
> I'm not sure what you are referring to as no rc.d.  If you are
> referring to the file area /etc/rc.d, you are correct it no longer
> exists in the latest version of Raspbian.
>
> Did you create the files /etc/init/dxspider.conf
> and /etc/init.d/dxspider?
>
> Are you following the instructions in the .pdf file I pointed out, or
> are you trying to do it the old way as noted in Keith's message,
> below?
>
> If you are trying to do it the way prior to the latest release of
> Raspbian, then follow version 2.10 of the procedures.  If you are
> using the latest version of Raspbian, then follow version 3.10 of the
> procedures.
>
> 73, Bill
> N6WS

Bill, I'm following your pdf dated the 28th of this month. Your pdf for
2.10 will crash a Pi3, ask me how I know....hi

I want to not only get this right for myself, but to also establish
reference for any others that want to do this on a Pi3.

I do know that in November there where changes made to Raspian, but the
only reference I could find pertained to SSH.

Ed