[Dxspider-support] GB7DJK woes

Danilo Palermo danilopalermo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 22:01:23 CEST 2018

Hi Dirk,

is it correct ?

timeout 35
abort (Busy|Sorry|Fail)
connect telnet gb7dxg-1.lebs.org.uk 7300
'Login:' 'iw2evh-6'
'PC18^'
client gb7dxg-1 telnet

73 …. de IW2EVH

On 29 agosto 2018 at 00:44:16, Dirk Koopman via Dxspider-support (
dxspider-support at dxcluster.org) wrote:

For a little while it appears that the server that runs GB7DJK has been
failing. Unusually (to me at least) not with disk problems, but with
processor kernel errors. It has taken me several days (and cups of strong
tea) to get to a point where all the various balls, that the server likes
to juggle, are back in the air again - and GB7DJK is running again.

This problem appears to have affected the mailing list, intermittently, as
well and this message is also by way of a test to see whether I am now
getting out properly again.

For those of you whom are still using IP addresses, please would you change
your connect scripts to: gb7djk.dxcluster.net

There may be some DNS problems that will persist until all the caches time
out, but it should be(come) accessible RSN. Please don't try to cheat by
using the IP addresses that "host" or similar programs give you as they may
well be lying - at least for now.

Sorry for the rubbish service over the last couple of weeks, hopefully
things will soon be back to normal.

73 Dirk G1TLH