[Dxspider-support] User database/info seems to vanish

Michael Carper, Ph.D. mike at wa9pie.net
Thu Nov 15 08:36:37 CET 2018

Greetings all.

Recently, it seems my node (WA9PIE-2) has lost its user database.  The node
has probably restarted without cause.

I say the node has lots its user database because my own login is greeted
with the following:

Hello WA9PIE, this is WA9PIE-2 in Prosper, TX
running DXSpider V1.55 build 0.181
===
Questions about the WA9PIE-2 Global DX Spotting Network:
email: mike at wa9pie.net
===
Cluster: 396 nodes, 344 local / 3207 total users  Max users 6269  Uptime 3
22:26
Please enter your name, set/name <your name>
Please enter your QTH, set/qth <your qth>
Please enter your location with set/location or set/qra
Please enter your Home Node, set/homenode <your home DX Cluster>
WA9PIE de WA9PIE-2 15-Nov-2018 0727Z dxspider >

I've logged into my own node many times and have set all these values.  Why
would it lose them?  Why would it restart?

Has anyone else seen this happen?  Does anyone know what I can do to avoid
it and get the node back to "normal?"

Mike, WA9PIE