[Dxspider-support] spot dat file format ....

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Fri Feb 1 18:26:28 CET 2019

Jim

I can remember the effort that you made to make sense of and then
automate the production of all the various formats of prefix file out
there including wpxloc.raw (not a format that I would have chosen if I
had been starting from scratch). But AFAIK ADIF apparently was mooted in
1996 but not in general - in its current form - until later. By the time
I came across it over here in the UK, DXSpider was up and running on
wpxloc.raw which was still being maintained.

Having said all that, it would conceivably be possible to arrange for
some automatic (one off) translation in my code - I have done similar
things in the past afterall. But I am also aware that many cluster
client logging programs now use the VE7CC format (pseudo PCxx) format
for their logging and that has wpxloc country codes being passed as part
of the spot data. So a change would be erm... difficult to erm... manage.

73 Dirk