[Dxspider-support] Sysop call sign and node call sign

James Snider jim at lexiann.com
Mon Mar 11 23:48:50 CET 2019

I have a DX Spider node running on a Raspberry Pi that has been running for many years.  I run it under the call sign W8BS.

I connect into the system to see DX using the call sign W8BS-2

I am trying to use MacLoggerDX for my station activities.  I connect into my own DX Spider node for spots.

Here’s my dilemma…..MacloggerDX is using the call W8BS-2 to register it.  It wants to use W8BS-2 to log into the DX Spider, EQSL, LoTW and ClubLog.  EQSL, LoTW and Clublog don’t like this as they are looking for W8BS

Is there a way that I can use W8BS on my DX Spider node and use W8BS as my user call to connect to the dx node?  Or do I need to change the name of my DX Spider node?

James Snider  W8BS
jim at lexiann.com