[Dxspider-support] SDR Spot to avoid on "classic" Cluster

IK5ZUK Luigi ik5zuk at tiscali.it
Fri Oct 18 14:22:39 CEST 2019

Hello Saki and all,

I'm agree with you, infact I've marked F8DGY as "badspotter" and, in
addition, I've locked him out of my node.
In my opinion, the best way - at the moment and with the various
software available as dxcluster node server - is that on every node the
owner/sysop enable the user registration and apply a login password for
every registered user (in this way the callsign abuse should be more
difficult); furthermore, every sysop should watch its users...

...added my 2 cents too...

73 Luigi IK5ZUK

Luigi - IK5ZUK
Qth: Pisa
Locator: JN53FQ
Mail: ik5zuk at tiscali.it

Il 17/10/2019 12.42, dd5xx--- via Dxspider-support ha scritto:
> Salut Pat,
> obviously you mean the spots from F8DGY. This operator seems not
> willing to cooperate and both the cluster developers and the RBN devs
> are aware about this issue we're currently facing. There are a lot of
> complaints around the net and there even were a lot of complaints
> about this user in the past years.
> I already did send a suggestion through the list and showed with basic
> command how to block/ban spots from this user F8DGY but unless all (!)
> cluster sysops will add the particular reject filter to their node, it
> won't happen anything. Me myself, I blocked this spotter callsign from
> my own node at dd5xx.dxcluster.net:7000 and I am clear of this spammer
> abusing the cluster. To my knowledge there seems either no technical
> way or no interest from the DX cluster developers to implement a
> "global" reject rule into their software (DXspider, ARcluster, CC, ...)
> I have no clue how else we can prevent such spammers abusing the
> cluster network.
> 73 // Saki, DD5XX
> *Gesendet:* Mittwoch, 16. Oktober 2019 um 21:52 Uhr
> *Von:* "f6gcp--- via Dxspider-support" <dxspider-support at tobit.co.uk>
> *An:* Dxspider-support at dxcluster.org
> *Cc:* f6gcp at free.fr
> *Betreff:* [Dxspider-support] SDR Spot to avoid on "classic" Cluster
>
> Hi
>
> Some people are now sending automatic spot from SDR while connected as
> user on « classic DXCluster »
>
> I know it is possible to add such station to a black list, but no
> sense to perform this on one or few clusters.
>
> I don’t know the policy about such stations and if a group already
> discussed on this.
>
> I just know that SDR spots are only passed to specific station, and
> not spread out to « classic » clusters
>
> 73
>
> P at t – F6GCP

---