[Dxspider-support] Autostarting/Respawning on Ubuntu 18.04

IK5ZUK Luigi ik5zuk at tiscali.it
Fri Apr 24 21:35:07 CEST 2020

Hello all,
I've made a fresh new spider installation over Ubuntu 18.04 LTS system.
Now, as the final step, I need to make spider autostarting at system
startup and also respawing: I've tryed to create the script
dxspider.conf placed in /etc/init/ folder with the following:

#DXSpider startup script
#
# This service maintains a getty on tty7 from the point the system is
# started until it is shut down again.

start on runlevel [2345]
stop on runlevel [!2345]

respawn

exec /bin/su - sysop -c "/usr/bin/perl -w /spider/perl/cluster.pl"
 >/dev/tty7

but unfortunately, after doing "telinit q" [or system reboot] nothing
happens: spider doesn't start automatically.

Please, could someone give me some help ?

Thank you in advance !

73 Luigi IK5ZUK

--
Luigi - IK5ZUK