[Dxspider-support] Autostarting/Respawning on Ubuntu 18.04

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Fri Apr 24 21:43:33 CEST 2020

18.04  does not support /etc/initrc or stuff in /etc/init.d. In /spider,
you will find that there is a file called dxspider.service. You need to
put that into /etc/systemd/system.

You will then need to do a 'sudo systemctl reload' then check whether it
has started. If not then do a 'systemctl start dxspider' - failing that,
just reboot and it should spring into life.

I have not yet done the instructions for an installation of mojo onto a
new computer. I will be doing an install script soon. If I am feeling
adventurous, I might even do a .deb!

Dirk