[Dxspider-support] ipaddr is null in mysql DB

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Wed Jun 3 14:08:57 CEST 2020

I don't know why that should be. At this point I need to write the
programmer's lament: "I never touched that bit of the code".

My changes are just concerned with searching, not spot storage.

Are you getting PC61 style spots? Are they mainly first or not? This
last question is because I store the first version of a spot that comes
in. There are still (too many) old DXSpider nodes out there that do not
generate PC61 instead of PC11 (and the less said about DXSummit the better).

It would be interesting to compare the output of this:

  grepdbg 'I [-\w]+ PC[61]1'

to a SQL query.

I WISH SYSOPs WOULD UPDATE THEIR SOFTWARE TO THE LATEST VERSION ON THEIR
BRANCH. The mojo branch is a bit experimental, particularly as I am
stuck at home not doing very much. But if you on the standard 'master'
branch, you should update your software at least every couple of months.
It gets you some fixes that the mojo branch work has found and also
updated prefix information. The fact that there are so many PC11 spots
still being generated means that your _node has not been updated since
at least 2012_!

Back to the point:

This is the entire code that stores a spot. @_ contains the expanded
spot data (the spot + all the country, zone and US state data) in
separate fields.

sub add
{
     my $buf = join('^', @_);
     $fp->writeunix($_[2], $buf);
     if ($main::dbh) {
         $main::dbh->begin_work;
         $main::dbh->spot_insert(\@_);
         $main::dbh->commit;
     }
     $totalspots++;
     if ($_[0] <= 30000) {
         $hfspots++;
     } else {
         $vhfspots++;
     }
     if ($_[3] =~ /(?:QSL|VIA)/i) {
         my $q = QSL::get($_[1]) || new QSL $_[1];
     }
}

Now, I am afraid that I don't run a MySQL database and am not generally
a fan because it has a nasty tendency to take every spare piece of RAM
that it can find - although that behaviour may now have changed in the 8
years or so since I last looked at this.

73 Dirk G1TLH