[Dxspider-support] ipaddr is null in mysql DB

JMarcio S jm.py4og at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 23:55:01 CEST 2020

Hi Dirk,

       Thanks for info, I consider the dx spider a very good application
and now with a lot of quick search options in the 'mojo 1.57' sh/dx is
fast, very good job, thank you!

I'm running on a VM (Digital Ocean), with very little RAM and CPU used.

I am not running dxspider on older versions. Currently, I have two nodes in
the VM, the first version is: 155, build 0.204 and the second virtual
machine is: 1.57 build 252 (mojo).

To populate the MySQL database, I configure DXVARS, I don't write code for
this, only dxspider package.

# the SQL database DBI dsn

$dsn = "dbi:mysql:dxcluster:xxx.xxx.xxx.xx:yyyy”;

$dbuser = “xxxxx”;

$dbpass = “xxxxxxx”x;

and then the process is automatic, the DB is populated with the fields
(freq, spotcall, time, comment, spotter, spotdxcc.spotterdxcc, origin, itu,
cq, usstate, and ipaddr).

all of these fields are loaded normally when using node version 155, build
0.204

when using node version 1.57 build 252 the ipaddr field is not loaded. I
thought it had something to do with the new version of DXspider.

I'm not sure if I found the right information. I started 'watchdbg' and the
result was:

version 1.57/252

09:34:23 (chan) <- I PY4OG-2
PC92^DH1TW-2^34462^A^^7K1TTT-1:208.125.133.190^H93^

09:34:23 (chan) <- I PY4OG-2
PC92^IW1QLH-6^34462^A^^7JG1VGX-8:3.115.254.10^H94^

09:34:46 (chan) <- I PY4OG-2 PC11^70154.0^OK2BRD^ 5-Jun-2020^0934Z^<ES>

version 155/0204

09:40:24 -> D PY4OG-4 PC92^F4BWT-3^34824^D^^5F6BVP-3^H93^

09:40:24 -> D PY3NZ-8 PC92^F4BWT-3^34824^D^^5F6BVP-3^H93^

09:40:24 <- I WB3FFV-2 PC41^IW2CLM^1^Dome^H29^~

         Mysql DB is only for queries on a rest API created to connect with
mobile devices, you can see the results accessing the iDX App only for iOS
devices. This database was the way found to develop this interface is also
to add new information to the spot line, such as dxpeditions, lotw, special
events, beacons and other filters in real time. I cannot say if it is a
faster solution, but it is imperceptible.

To send spots I use Telnet tcp/socket via standard dxspider, ipaddr is
correct.

No problem, currently I don't use the ip filter in mysql just in DxSpider
and there, everything works fine. I just thought of helping to fix any bug
in the 'mojo' version, but everything is understood now. Well, I will now
try a new installation and replace the necessary DBI drivers for the mysql
interface.

      thank you again

     73 J.Marcio PY4OG

J.Marcio