[Dxspider-support] R: I: Problem shutdown dxspider?

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Sun Jun 21 20:26:37 CEST 2020

On 21/06/2020 17:10, Alex via Dxspider-support wrote:

> Hi Dirk,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I don't know why you tell me that you are surprised that you are using
> version 157 but I really thought that I would not have any problems
> and it was also recommended to me by my colleague OM IK5ZUK, very
> active on the problems of version 155 and above all now with 157.
>
> Anyway, I have given these commands that you suggested to me even now,
> I had already given them in the past.
>
> Now, however, after having given the suggested commands, to the command
>
> $ git checkout --track -b mojo origin / mojo
>
> I get this answer
>
> fatal: A branch named 'mojo' already exists.

Check that you are on the branch that you think you are. Do:

git branch

and I think you might see

* master
   mojo
   newusers

If the '*' is next to anything other than 'mojo', then do a "git
checkout mojo".

You will probably then need to do a "git pull" to bring yourself
completely up to date. The "git checkout" will tell you if you need to
do this.

If the '*' next to 'mojo' and if you get something like "version 1.57
(build 276 git: mojo/ea366ae" if you do a show/version in the console
then you don't have to anything.

> Now everything is working but I would like to ask you a question:
>
> Given the various crashes that occurred as the dxspider go to shutdown
> for no reason and did not start again,
>
> I ask you should stay at v. 157 or return to v. 155 since in your msg.
> you write me that you were surprised?

The bit I found surprising that you appear to have been on the
"newusers" branch. This is now obsolete. I think this may have been my
fault.

> Thank you for your great effort to improve this program for the radio
> amateur community ..... thank you very much Dirk.

I try a bit harder not commit stuff that doesn't work. But thank you.

73 Dirk G1TLH