[Dxspider-support] DXspider and WinSock

Testing 123 iulianp at msn.com
Sat Jun 27 01:08:55 CEST 2020

Hi Lee,
Many thanks for the prompt reply. Did you mean ‘that’ as a determiner or
conjunction? That particular version of winsock or any winsock? If the
former is valid then which version should I use? If the latter is valid,
given your definitive answer makes me wonder whether “it’s all in my
head” as they say. I was under the impression there are several versions
of winsock for various type of clusters, CC, DXS, AR possibly others,
acting as a proxy between user and the respective type of cluster, with a
monitoring program on the side. Maybe I am missing something fundamental
here, but, without trying to get them out of context, I did see sentences
like :
“The winsock.exe program prevents lockouts of Dx Spider users (Window's
version) when too many try to connect to the same cluster.[...]”
“Download Winsock.exe for AR Cluster or Dx Spider. CC Cluster requires a
special version linked to from the CC Cluster page. [...]”
“Winsock Setup for Dx Spider running in Windows. Dx Spider for Windows has
a limitation of about 60 telnet connections. The solution is to run 2 or
more copies of Dx Spider in your computer and use this program to look
after the users. [...]”
It would be great if you could find time to clarify.
V3.21 off the page mentioned in my previous post was actually the one I was
trying yesterday; a v3.24? , as far as I remember, off CC groups.io when I
exhausted all possibilities with v3.21.
Again, maybe I was missing something fundamental whilst skipping through
the winsock and monitor pages, as I had done with mailing lists vs Internet
groups/forums...
Regards, mni 73 de J, MØIPU YOЗFCA