[Dxspider-support] DXspider and WinSock

Lee Sawkins ve7cc at shaw.ca
Sat Jun 27 20:09:55 CEST 2020

If forgot that over 20 years ago many AR Cluster sysops were using the old version of winsock.exe.  It fixed many problems of version 4 of AR Cluster.  Also a few DX Spider nodes of the same time period used it to overcome the limitation of 60 users per instance of Windows version of DX Spider.  I left the old version up on the web for AR Cluster sysops to use if they wanted.  The winsock.exe has exclusively been used by CC Clusters since early 2000s.  I think it is time to remove these ancient links.

Don't use winsock.exe with DX Spider.   Version 1.99 was the last version that worked with Spider.  It was last updated about 20 years ago.   Spider has gone through a few revisions since then.

Lee VE7CC