[Dxspider-support] F8DGY spammer as F8ZVZ

Martin Davies G0HDB marting0hdb at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 20:07:50 CET 2020

On 28 Mar 2020 at 12:18, Dirk Koopman via Dxspider-support wrote:

> Joaquin
>
> Please do as I asked yesterday and enter these two commands:Dirk
>
> rej/spot node_default input 2 info db info wpm info cq
> rej/spot node_default 2 info db info wpm info cq
>
> That will stop most of this, but to make it work you will either need to
> restart the node or (as there is a contest on) you will need to do a
> 'links' command and then, over 10 minutes or so, disconnect each node
> individually. for example:

Hi Dirk (and all), just to let you know that I set the node_default spot rejects on GB7DXC-5
yesterday and have now done the link disconnections from 'DXC-5 to its partner links ('BAA
and 'DJK); the links were then automatically re-established after several minutes so hopefully
the new reject filters are now fully operative.

Just out of interest, what's the rationale behind (or need for) doing the link disconnects over a
period of 10mins or so, as you've mentioned above?  I did the disconnects of 'DXC-5 from
'BAA and 'DJK within a short space of time (probably <1min) - should I have waited longer
between the disconnects?

Thanks for all your guidance on how to cure the plague that is F8DGY - you can't offer a cure
for other viruses and plagues, can you???  :-))

73,
--
Martin Davies G0HDB, GB7DXC-5 sysop
marting0hdb at gmail.com