[Dxspider-support] RPI 4 settings for reduced writes to SD card

Matthew Chambers mchambers at showmeham.info
Tue Mar 31 20:03:30 CEST 2020

Ideally you never want to use swap anyways. I have a full blown Dell
PowerEdge server running CentOS that I use for my webserver that has swap
but has yet to ever touch it. My desktop does end up all the using swap
because of web browser memory leakage and I can tell because everything
comes to a near halt. Swap usage is slow and inefficient and a sign there
is something else wrong. I can't imagine DX Spider ever needing that much
memory that it has to fall into swap usage.

Matthew Chambers, CBT, NR0Q
Owner/Engineer
*M Chambers Communications Engineering LLC*
PO BOX 855, Moberly, MO 65270
Mobile (660)415-5620
www.mchambersradio.com