[Dxspider-support] RPI 4 settings for reduced writes to SD card

Michael Walker mike at portcredit.net
Tue Mar 31 21:34:11 CEST 2020

Just to be sure, I did a 'free -m' after I disabled Swap.

Assuming no memory leaks in anything, it will be  a long time before we
consume all MEM.

root at va3mw-cluster:~# free -m
              total        used        free      shared  buff/cache
available
Mem:           3906         181        3428          27         296
 3593
Swap:            99           0          99

I will likely move all the data files over to my ram drive.  I should have
no issue assigning 500M of ram to that drive on a  PI 4.

I did run iotop for about a day it the cluster does write a lot of data in
a 24 hour period.

Anyway, I will monitor it and see how it goes.  If it blows up, it is
pretty trivial to rebuild.

Mike va3mw