[Dxspider-support] DxSpider down crash users.v3j file corrupted ?

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Fri Sep 25 21:04:29 CEST 2020

Once a week (usually Wednesday morning UTC) the "export_user" is run
automatically.

In /spider/local_data/ you should see up to six user_json files,
"user_json" and "user_json.o" etc.

Rebuilding the users.v3j file is exactly the same as with the old users
file, except that you rebuild it with a "user_json" so.

1. stop the node (eg sudo systemctl stop dxspider)
2. cd /spider/local_data
3. perl user_json
4. restart the node (eg systemctl start dxspider).

The usual reason that is becomes necessary if there is a complete (and
sudden) power failure. Most other conditions that might be caused by
software (a system shutdown or similar) will NOT cause this.

73 Dirk