[Dxspider-support] File Moves going to Mojo..

Howard Leadmon howard at leadmon.net
Fri Dec 3 23:07:31 GMT 2021

     Hello Dirk,

  Thanks for the reply, and input.  On the older server it had two
dual-core processors in a physical server, but as I have lots of free
resourcxes on one my my VM hosts, so I figured what the heck and just
virtualized the configuration.

  Now I get that most files were moved, and I had to copy across the
issue and motd files, but do any of the files I see in the old dir need
moved to the new directory?

Looking at the old node I see:

$ ls
CVS                     bands.pl motd_nor
usdbraw.gz.1            user_asc.oooo
badw_regex              cty.dat prefix_data.pl
user_asc                user_asc.ooooo
badw_regex.es.issue     debug qsl.v1
user_asc.bak            users.v3
badw_regex.gb.issue     dupefile spots
user_asc.o              wcy
badword                 log usdb.v1
user_asc.oo             wpxloc.raw
badword.issue           motd usdbraw.gz
user_asc.ooo            wwv

  Some of that is not over in the new local_data directory, so curious
if anything else needs moved.

Also is there any recommendation on how long some of the data files
should be kept?

  If I look at the running node, I see under data:

9768372 ./debug/2021
9768373 ./debug
318079  ./spots/2020
314002  ./spots/2021
632081  ./spots
166     ./wwv/2018
173     ./wwv/2020
171     ./wwv/2019
160     ./wwv/2021
671     ./wwv
80079   ./log/2018
74187   ./log/2020
81871   ./log/2019
534903  ./log/2021
771039  ./log
385     ./wcy/2021
426     ./wcy/2019
431     ./wcy/2020
430     ./wcy/2018
1674    ./wcy
5       ./CVS

  I just moved all this over to the new node intact, but figured maybe
there is a recommendation you might have.

  I did also enable the RBN code you have in Mojo, and it seems to be
running fine.   Wondering if worth trying to toss a web interface on it,
as I for sure have lots of resources available if needed.   The host has
two 12core modern Xeon's, with a few hundred gig of RAM and quite a few
TB of storage, so I just slice out what is needed.

  Finally, and I know many don't do this, and I am sure some users avoid
the node because of it, but I have always required the user to register
to post spots.   I am guessing this just moved across and works, but if
there is anything special I need to be aware of with Mojo in regards to
this, by all means please let me know..

73's...

---
Howard Leadmon -howard at leadmon.net