[Dxspider-support] Mojo and updating USDB..

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Sat Dec 4 13:32:45 GMT 2021

On 04/12/2021 07:55, Howard Leadmon via Dxspider-support wrote:
>  As there was enough discussion in my last thread about file moves, I
> figured I would post a different message.
>
>  I have Mojo up and running, and decided to try all of my update
> routines to make sure everything was getting updated, luckily it seems
> like most things are running a-ok, with one exception.
>
>  To update the USDB in the node, I have run the following:
>
> cd /tmp
> wget -Nq ftp://ftp.w1nr.net/usdbraw.gz
> /spider/perl/create_usdb.pl usdbraw.gz
>
> This all worked fine on the old node, so figured it would work
> here.     The cd and wget work as expected, but when I try and run the
> perl script to process the usdbraw file I get the following error:
>
> *cannot tie /spider/local_data/usdb.v1.new*
>
>  So I looked in the directory and see:
>
> -rw-rw-r-- 1 sysop sysop 64897024 Nov 29 05:04 usdb.v1
> -rw-rw-r-- 1 sysop sysop 64897024 Dec  4 07:46 usdb.v1.new
>
> Not sure what that is telling me, maybe I need to remove the usdb.v1
> first, but I tried it multiple times, and no luck.   Also just to see
> what happened, I went to the next step and tried to load the usdb in
> Mojo node, but it is also kicking an error:

Not certain what it's telling me either, other than some necessary
changes that mojo requires for declarations where things are - and you
are the first person to report this - there is no difference between the
two branches in the function that does the usdb.v1 creation.

Having now looked at the code, however, I do wonder what I was on when I
wrote this.   But having said that it does work for me, as it stands,
on my reasonably up to date versions of perl (5,30 and .32).

> WB3FFV-3  4-Dec-2021 0749Z dxspider > load/usdb
> *US Database not loaded*

Until that update comes out, you can try an rm
/spider/local_data/usdb.v1.new before the create_usdb.pl. The next
update will do that in the code.

73 Dirk G1TLH