[Dxspider-support] Mojo and updating USDB..

Howard Leadmon howard at leadmon.net
Sat Dec 4 15:21:17 GMT 2021

   Hello Dirk, thanks for the input, and weird I have this issue.  A
couple things, I am running a current Perl under a current Ubuntu:

$ uname -a

Linux ham 5.4.0-90-generic #101-Ubuntu SMP Fri Oct 15 20:00:55 UTC 2021
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

$ perl -v

This is perl 5, version 30, subversion 0 (v5.30.0) built for
x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi

I also did try and remove the file, and to re-run the the command after
removal of the file:

$ rm /spider/local_data/usdb.v1.new

$ /spider/perl/create_usdb.pl usdbraw.gz

cannot tie /spider/local_data/usdb.v1.new

  So still no love on that front.   Can I remove the usdb.v1 file as
well, or is it held open while the cluster runs?

  Wish I could follow the "cannot tie" error, that is a strange one, and
have never run into it before..

---
Howard Leadmon - WB3FFV
PBW Communications, LLC