[Dxspider-support] Migrating data to new DX Spider node

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Mon Dec 20 14:42:13 GMT 2021

The standard advice I give is to rsync -av the complete /spider tree to
the new machine. If you to want to prune spots or logs, do that on the
new machine. If you want to create a new instance - with a new callsign
and suchlike - rsync -av it and then run update_sysop.pl after changing
/spider/local/DXVars.pm on the new machine.

You *have* attached a usb3 connected disk of some kind to the RPi4,
haven't you? Because, if you haven't, your SDCard will wear out and you
will be back here in 6-12months with a load of "weird" errors.

73 Dirk