[Dxspider-support] Announces

Rob Harrison g4ujs at outlook.com
Tue Dec 21 09:50:41 GMT 2021

Hi All,

Almost reluctant to post this after the recent posts about beacons. Anyway my ann/full beacon has now been switched off and will not return, apologies for the years of unnecessary posts!

Anyway, I want to send an hourly beacon to my locals....just to those on GB7UJS. I want to encourage them to start using my MOJO branch cluster GB7UJS-2

I set up the 2 crontab jobs below, which I thought would avoid the hourly (???) dupe check as the text is slightly different (I didn't want to time/date stamp). However, they don't seem to be working and don't get sent to users every hour.

Although if I do a sh/ann I see them there but they have a * in front of them. Really not sure what is happening

Any guidance please

#0 1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15,17,19,21,23 * * * run_cmd('ann GB7UJS users please consider using GB7UJS-2, just change your port to 7300. New version has more functions. See https://www.qrz.com/db/GB7UJS for full details. 73 de Rob G4UJS.')
#0 0,2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22 * * * run_cmd('ann GB7UJS users please consider using GB7UJS-2, just change your port to 7300. New version has more functions. See https://www.qrz.com/db/GB7UJS for full details. 73 de Rob G4UJS')

Regards

Rob G4UJS

Rob Harrison

Green Lane House, Whixall, Shropshire, SY13 2PT.
M: 07826 958358
E: g4ujs at outlook.com<mailto:g4ujs at outlook.com>

This e-mail and any attachments are not guaranteed to be free from viruses, and are for the intended addressee(s) only
and may contain confidential and/or privileged material, so if you are not a named or intended addressee, do not use,
retain or disclose such information.
P Consider the environment. Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.