[Dxspider-support] Enabling Q:1 spots

rin JG1VGX jg1vgx at jarl.com
Sun Jul 4 06:37:10 CEST 2021

Thanks Andy,

That was very helpful.
But I did exactly the same. I went back to $minqual=2 realising Q:1
spots would bother normal HF users too much.

It would be best if users can enable/disable Q:1 spots as necessary.
I'm now looking into filtering manuals trying to figure out how to do
this by each user.

If there are better ideas, please share them here!

73 rin JG1VGX

On Sun, Jul 4, 2021 at 5:01 AM <g4piq at btinternet.com> wrote:

> Hi Rin,
>
> I have changed the minimum quality displayed by copying /spider/perl/RBN.pm
> to /spider/local/RBN.pm
>
> And then editing /spider/local/RBN.pm to include
>
> our $minqual = 1;
>
> Actually - I have set $minqual  = 2 because $minqual=1 creates many busted
> spots - but for the VHF use case $minqual=1 would be good I think.
>
> 73,
>
> Andy, G4PIQ

73 rin JG1VGX