[Dxspider-support] Enabling Q:1 spots

rin JG1VGX jg1vgx at jarl.com
Tue Jul 6 05:54:07 CEST 2021

Hi All,

I have played with filters myself and here is a summary.

What I wished to do:
- Allow Q:1 spots system-wide
- Set Q:2-9 as default for a new user
- Users can allow Q:1 as necessary

What I have done:
- set $minqual = 1 as Andy G4PIQ has suggested
(But this cannot be a permanent solution because /local/RBN.pm needs to be
updated manually each time /perl/RBN.pm is updated)
- then played with various user filters, eg. acc/rbn, rej/rbn,
user_default, node_default

What I have found:
- 'node_default' This looks like a different animal and serves no purpose
in this case?
- 'user_default' This does the job, but cannot be overriden by users' own
filters. Not useful?
- finally got the gist that a single 'acc/ A' and a 'rej/ not A' mean the
same, but multiple 'acc' filters works like additive (A OR B) while 'rej'
works like multiplicative (A AND B).
- if no /rbn filter is defined, /spots filters apply for both regular and
RBN spots. But once any /rbn filter is defined, filters must be defined
separately for both regular and RBN spots.

So far my purpose was not fulfilled but currently I have at my node:
- Set $minqual = 1
- In case users bothered by busted Q:1 spots, I would suggest them to use
  acc/rbn info {q:[2-9]}, or rej/rbn info {q:1}

If there are better solutions, please let me know!

73 rin JG1VGX

--
73 rin JG1VGX