[Dxspider-support] PLEASE would all 'mojo' branch update their software,

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Tue Nov 30 21:52:23 GMT 2021

I'll be interested to see how well it works on a 1GB RAM Rpi3B+. I
suspect as it is 32bit the binary will be a bit smaller. This matters
because potentially long lived things like sh/dx g1tlh, fork and do
these things in background. As I have recently discovered, on a 64bit
machine in 1GB (admittedly with 800 users) it started to error with some
commands having sucked up 2 day's worth of spots and bloated the binary.
More modest numbers of users should not be a problem. But a 2 or 4GB
Rpi4 would be better (and even faster). Then you could easily run 800
users yourself (provided you run it with a USB3 attached SSD drive). The
(default) sucking up of  2 days with of spots into RAM isn't normally a
problem. But CQWW is a special case (it would appear). But this mode of
operation can be switched off so that it will then revert to doing ALL
sh/dx et al but forking - which will then work well in 1GB - even in CQWW.

Let me have a  copy'n'paste of a 'top' command when you have it running.

Dirk