[Dxspider-support] Curses.pm error - Windows 10

Tony K1AMF k1amf at live.com
Fri Oct 8 17:20:01 CEST 2021

Hey guys,

I'm in the process of installing DX Spider on a Windows 10 machine and cluster.pl is running fine on first attempt. However, whenever I run console.pl I encounter the following error:

C:\spider\perl>.\console.pl
Can't locate Curses.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Curses module) (@INC contains: /spider/local /spider/perl C:/Strawberry/perl/site/lib C:/Strawberry/perl/vendor/lib C:/Strawberry/perl/lib) at C:\spider\perl\console.pl line 44.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:\spider\perl\console.pl line 44.
C:\spider\perl>

I tried installing the Curses module using cpan Curses without any luck. At least one other DX Spider user is encountering the same exact error message on his Windows 10 computer.

Anyone know a solution?

Regards,

Tony K1AMF