[Dxspider-support] Managing FT8 massive spots

Mike G3YPP mike at g3ypp.uk
Tue Aug 23 11:00:06 BST 2022

I am the sysop for MX0NCA-2 which runs the latest mojo branch software on behalf of my local radio club.

Our node is connected to the RBN so our users can get FT8 spots by choice using set/skimmer ft8 etc if they wish.
For the “main stream” I filter out all spots with any of FT8, FT-8, FT4 or FT-4 in the comment field.
This works pretty well.

I do the filtering at my partner nodes so I don’t get the spots in the first place.   Using the RCMD command from the console I have set up a series of accept and reject filters on each of my partner nodes so that I don’t receive FT8 or FT4 spots from them.    None of my users are sending FT8 spots on the main stream.

We advertise our node as a filtered node.    It is optimized for the UK so only provides spots where the SPOTTER is in CQ Zone 14,15,16,20 or 33

Food for thought

Mike G3YPP
Sysop for MX0NCA-2