[Dxspider-support] Built a new spider to replace an old one - A couple of questions

Keith Maton g6nhu at me.com
Sat Dec 3 19:37:42 GMT 2022

Hi all,

Rather than run an upgrade on my DXSpider (V1.55 build 0.198) that I built in 2018, I’ve created a new one that's running V1.57 build 451 which I believe is a lot more recent and drags me into mojo.

I have a couple of questions.

I only have a handful of regular users, is there anything I can transfer from the old Pi to the new Pi which will bring all their configurations and settings over, just so it looks the same as the old version when they connect.

Second, even though I’ve done a set/dxgrid, I’m not getting anywhere near as many grids being populated on the new build.  See the attached screenshot where you can see both my clusters running side by side with identical spots but on the new build on the left, only one has a grid.  Have I missed something, is there a configuration I need to do on the spider for grids to appear?

Is there anything else I should be doing on this fresh build?  I used the script from SV5FRI for the initial build and it was a lot quicker and easier than my last build.

Once I’ve got everything as it should be, I’ll see about enabling registration.

Thanks,

73 Keith G6NHU