[Dxspider-support] VarAC Beacon spots

Joaquin joaquin at cronux.net
Wed Dec 7 09:23:53 GMT 2022

It seems that the sending of spots is not something automated in VarAC,
according to its developer it is the user who manually decides their
sending.

I attach the answer of Irad 4Z1AC:

Hi Kin,

/Nice to meet you :) Sure - I will be happy to clarify. //
/

/VarAC is New digital mode based on the VARA protocol that allows
conducting ARQ QSOs (like Pactor speed and error-free but with FT8
resilience and software only) We have a calling frequencies for CQs and
also beacons. We have ~8000 users currently on this mode with hundreds
active daily. //
/

/Now regarding DX cluster spots: A user can send a SPOT to a cluster of
his choice using a dedicated button. Here is an example: I noticed a CQ
from a DX I want to report like VK2LX. I right click it and chose SPOT.
Then a popup comes up with spot info that the user can edit before you
send it. The user click "SPOT" and the spot is sent while he is shown a
log of the spot. There is no automated reporting into DX clusters. //
/

/Only manual per user own request. I hope it clarifies. I will be happy
to answer any additional questions you may have //
/

/73s Irad 4Z1AC/

/
/