[Dxspider-support] Connect…

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Tue Jan 25 15:22:59 GMT 2022

GB7DJK has been up and down because of software updates and me needing
to do research on a node that is actually being used. Which give you an
explanation.

I presume you have a /spider/local/crontab with lines like this in it:

00,10,20,30,40,50 * * * * start_connect('gb7djk') unless connected('gb7djk')

Whether or not a node disconnects can simply be dependent on the
"weather" on the internet. You cannot rely on a connection staying up
all the time. My connections can stay up for days and then, on other
days, disconnect every couple of hours. There does not seem to be any
rime or reason for it. If you update and do something like:

grepdbg -3 extmsg disconnect

You'll need to update as I found that grepdbg did not do what I thought
it did (for -3 and 3) and 'grepdbg -help' now gives a bit more help.
There are no other changes.

Dirk G1TLH