[Dxspider-support] Connect…

J.Marcio jm.py4og at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 17:20:56 GMT 2022

Thanks for clear up!
Yes I have crontab with connection times for 00,10,20,30,40,50 * * * *...
 but I have a question. what is the correct folder? here it was in
/spider/local_cmd, now I fixed it to spider/local
 v1.57 (build 433 git: mojo/b84cf84a[r]) using perl v5.26.1 on Ubuntu 18.4
 Droplet @ DigitalOcean

J.Marcio PY4OG

Em ter., 25 de jan. de 2022 às 12:23, Dirk Koopman <djk at tobit.co.uk>
escreveu:

> GB7DJK has been up and down because of software updates and me needing to
> do research on a node that is actually being used. Which give you an
> explanation.
>
> I presume you have a /spider/local/crontab with lines like this in it:
>
> 00,10,20,30,40,50 * * * * start_connect('gb7djk') unless
> connected('gb7djk')
>
> Whether or not a node disconnects can simply be dependent on the "weather"
> on the internet. You cannot rely on a connection staying up all the time.
> My connections can stay up for days and then, on other days, disconnect
> every couple of hours. There does not seem to be any rime or reason for it.
> If you update and do something like:
>
> grepdbg -3 extmsg disconnect
>
> You'll need to update as I found that grepdbg did not do what I thought it
> did (for -3 and 3) and 'grepdbg -help' now gives a bit more help. There are
> no other changes.
>
> Dirk G1TLH
>
> On 25/01/2022 13:05, J.Marcio via Dxspider-support wrote:
>
> Hello Dirk,
>  After updating to version 1.57 build 430, 431 since 427, my node doesn't
> maintain stable connection with some nodes including GB7DJK.  please should
> I make some changes to /connect?.
>
> Thank  you again for this excelente and  very useful tool for all.
>
> J.Marcio PY4OG
> --
> J.Marcio

J.Marcio