[Dxspider-support] Number of hops on a node

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Thu Jan 27 15:11:29 GMT 2022

AFAIK "no-one" changes the default values of the hops field. Apart from
(possibly) me. And, again AFAIK, I don't change anything.

Have a look at DXProtVars.pm

Which means that I not using these values for PC92 etc. I don't know
why. Neither can I remember why I have "special" hop counts for the
sentences in %hopcount - other than to test the mechanism. Which given
that I created/touched this file as recently as June 2007 is clearly
unforgivable.

I have no intention of changing this file. So these are the defaults.
Given that I had to spend about 10 minutes looking for this information,
I'm guessing that no-one else has either. So for DXSpider nodes the
hopcounts for those sentences are correct. For PC92/93 they are all
hardcoded at H99.

You can probably write any code you might need using the defaults in
DXProtVars.pm BUT this will only work for DXSpider nodes. (Nearly) Every
other software will likely be using H99. You can probably assume that
anything above (say) 70 started at H99.

Hope this helps

Dirk