[Dxspider-support] Node won't start

Martin Davies G0HDB marting0hdb at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 13:38:41 BST 2022

Hi Dirk, many thanks for the response and the suggestions.

I've just tried the manual start approach and the system comes up with a
message that starts:

' Perl v5.16.1 required--this is only v5.14.2, stopped at
/spider/perl/DXCIDR.pm line 12.'

There are then half a dozen statements in the format of:

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /spider/perl/DXCIDR.pm line 12.
Compilation failed in require at /spider/perl/DXProtHandle.pm line 35.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /spider/perl/DXProtHandle.pm line 35.

 From this I surmise I need to update the version of Perl on my system;
I'll be grateful for suggestions of how to do this.

When I first built the system, in 2015, I followed the instructions
(v1.12) prepared by Bill Shell N6WS; these included commands along the
lines of 'sudo apt-get install libtimedate-perl'; shall I just repeat
these commands and hope that the latest versions of the Perl libraries
get installed?!

73

--

Martin G0HDB