[Dxspider-support] QOS in the clusters

Joaquin joaquin at cronux.net
Tue Nov 1 13:46:47 GMT 2022

Hi Dirk,

I return to a proposal that was already made in this forum not long ago.
It is about identifying the packets that contain SOPTS or ANN with a bit
similar to that of QOS, which allows the receiving clusters to determine
if they want to show and forward these spots.
Something like:
"0" user not authenticated in the source cluster.
"1" authenticated user.

With an implementation of a command/$var for the sysop you can enforce
this new policy.

This would help mitigate current and future SPAM flooding the network.
I think it is an important task, with a minimum impact on clusters and
sysops, but with the effort of the developers.

Read VE7CC, I think you should participate because of how significant
your cluster is, I also think this would lead to a PC* with one more field.

To the rest of the sysops, I ask you to please give your opinion,
because together we can stop abuse in clusters.

73 de Kin EA3CV