[Dxspider-support] Network v2.0 - A PROPOSAL FOR DISCUSSION

Joaquin joaquin at cronux.net
Fri Nov 4 10:44:20 GMT 2022

Hi all,

 > I WILL NOT distribute login information around the network. However
one does it, it has a number of security risks associated with it. It's
simply not going to happen. PS Even if it were, it certainly wouldn't be
MD5 hashes.

Per se, as you well know, Telnet sends all information in plain text,
between user and node and between nodes, with or without authentication.
I understand that you don't want to use MD5, it's logical, but it was
just the way to indicate that the information should be encrypted (that
of the user/node). If the encryption is strong and is identical to what
should be in user_json, I don't see a problem, but it's just an opinion.

 > What I can do (and will implement) is a new PC41 type 6 message which
will be structured like all the others PC41^6^user call^registration
node call^user IP address[:IP address...]^H99.

…

If we are going to have all the IP addresses of the users, there could
be a command like set/badip <callsign> <IP> and its corresponding file.
It could even be globalized to affect the whole nod, something like
set/badip ALL <IP>.
And if you refine further, you can go as far as defining an IP/MASK subnet.

 > … It also improves analysis and detection, after the fact, if
something bad happens.

When the administrator registers a user, I think it would be convenient
for any SSID associated with that user to be registered, and for the
associated password (if it is done like this) to also be common to all
the SSIDs of that callsign.

As a suggestion in the use of SP, it would be that once SP <callsign> is
executed, the node should stop sending spots/ann until it is completed
with /EX, timed or aborted. Users are uncomfortable mixing the
information that reaches them with what they are trying to send.

 > … But I am also happy to consider other, bot unfriendly, suggestions.

One of the problems that has been occurring for a week is that the bot
starts from a FREQ+n, where "n" increases by 1 kHz, which should be
taken into account along with the duplicity of the comment field.

A weak point that they are using successfully, I think, is in the
analysis of the comment field in search of "bad words". Either a
regex-based mechanism for the badwords dictionary is missing, or I
haven't been able to make it work.

Attached is a small schematic.

I only have 1 penny left 😊

73 de Kin EA3CV