[Dxspider-support] Number of spots in CQWW CW?

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Mon Nov 28 16:22:32 GMT 2022

> Just wondered if anyone have an idea why the number of spots this past
> weekend was as
> "low" as it was. It was almost half of what it was in the SSB part.
>
> Was conditions just worse, or is there some other reason for this?

If you mean non-RBN (reverse beacon network) spots, then yes, I would
expect this.  The RBN spots CW stations all weekend (ask VE7CC how many RBN
spots he sent out over the weekend).  If a DX station is in my bandmap,
meaning it was spotted in last 15 minutes, then I won't bother to put out a
non-RBN spot.

The RBN can't decode human speech (at least not yet).  So all DX spots must
be made by hand.

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, https://ad1c.us