[Dxspider-support] Fresh Mojo Installation

Anthony (N2KI) n2ki.ham at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 15:25:12 BST 2023

I have a spare laptop which I decided to install an Ubuntu OS.  In an
effort to better understand the linux environment and how DX Spider
functions within,  I want to do a fresh installation on the Ubuntu
machine.  My current position in this is at the beginning, a good place to
start, ay?  The instructions presume I have already downloaded the
tarball.  Unfortunately, I have not because I do not know how to do this
from a terminal window.  Can someone give me a tutorial on how to do this?

Also, I see many directives to log in as root.  In my research, I found to
use the command sudo su to access the root level in an Ubuntu terminal
window.  Is this the correct procedure?

When entering the terminal window this is what  happens when entering sudo
su command.

*     anthony at GAMMA:~$ sudo su*
*     [sudo] password for anthony:*
*     root at GAMMA:/home/anthony# *

So from this point, assuming this is correct, how would I start to download
the latest tarball?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Anthony (N2KI)