[Dxspider-support] Permissions

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Mon Feb 6 15:11:07 GMT 2023

There are some recent reports about permissions being changed after
updates.

I should like to see some concrete evidence of the sort of these
permission changes, in order to determine where the problem is. But I
will make one observation: users *_must_* be the sysop user when doing
an update. Doing an update _as root_ may (or more likely) _not_ give you
the (velvety) smooth experience that (I'm sure [honest :-]) that you are
used to.

If you do experience "permission problems" please send me examples + how
you went about doing the failing update.

73 Dirk G1TLH