[Dxspider-support] Dx-World and DxCluster

Danilo Brelih danilo.brelih at siol.net
Sat Feb 11 08:37:47 GMT 2023

Dirk Koopman via Dxspider-support je 10.2.2023 ob 17:04 napisal:
> I have added my views to this website. Will it make a difference? I hope so.
> Dirk G1TLH

Maybe it is time to start taking small steps ourselves.

My partners all have latest Mojo build installed except one. Today I wrote owner
of the outdated node an email saying that I am suspending my connection with him
until he upgrades his system and then I can restore the connection easily.

Let's check the version installed used by our partner node with:

RCMD partner_call SH/VER

RCMD 'sh/ver' sent to partner_call
S50U de S50CLX 11-Feb-2023 0751Z 2.4481  dxspider >
DX Spider Cluster version 1.55 (build 0.181 git: 65ed61f[r]) on Linux
Copyright (c) 1998-2023 Dirk Koopman G1TLH

Because his system is outdated I removed connection routine from my
/spider/local_cmd/crontab line starting with # and this line will be ignored.

#0,10,20,30,40,50 * * * * start_connect('partner_call') unless connected('partner_call')|||||

Next disconnect your outdated node issuing DISC command from console.

DISC partner_call

Node partner_call has logged out
Channel partner_call disconnected
S50U de S50CLX 11-Feb-2023 0810Z 2.4481  dxspider >

If your outdated node is connecting to you then use lockout command from console
which prevents it from connecting to your node.

SET/LOCKOUT partner_call

Maybe this is only "one small step for man, but one giant leap for ......" 😉

CU Dan S50U sys S50CLX

Gorje, Cerkno h=604m <https://s50e.si/gorje.html>