[Dxspider-support] Dx-World and DxCluster

gu6efb at cwgsy.net gu6efb at cwgsy.net
Sat Feb 11 10:43:33 GMT 2023

Hi Dan

That was an interesting few minutes as I just as I used your command that you showed RCMD partner_call SH/VER and all of my node connection with the exception of three are all running

Old software some of them very old.

I agree with many of the sentiments of recent posts about the state of the network.

At our local radio club Friday meeting this was a hot topic and without exception all of the members present want to see 2FA to be able to login to a DXcluster and bad nodes disconnected.

This is something that I am not sure how we achieve without some additional coding by Dirk and others but this should not be entirely up to them as they have not caused this issue.

If all DXclusters had as a minimum registration to log on this would help and DXcluster all using the most up-to-date software but it’s going to take the majority of sysops to play an active role

and I can see this being the most difficult part.

I am no Linux expert but I manage to keep the clusters here up-to-date and this forum is a fantastic resource with lots of help if required you just need to ask.

I think we need to collectively start to think about what we do, as it can’t stay as is for any longer.

73 Keith GB7DXG-1