[Dxspider-support] Dx-World and DxCluster

Danilo Brelih danilo.brelih at siol.net
Sat Feb 11 13:01:38 GMT 2023

Ian Maude via Dxspider-support je 11.2.2023 ob 13:45 napisal:
>> I remember not long ago asking for support for software such as N1MM to
>> incorporate a *password* field associated with each node. The debate was
>> opened and I think only 3 or 4 people seconded the request, ergo the N1MM
>> team dismissed the request. Where were we then?

Another request to N1MM+ dev team from yesterday. Let wait and see!

    Dan S50U

    /replied /

2023/02/10 11:04:40

3Y0J DXPedition must have happened for us to realise that we have had a problem
for a long time.

https://www.dx-world.net/unacceptable-behaviour-on-dx-clusters/

CU Dan S50U sysop S50CLX

    Dan S50U

    /reported /

2022/11/01 15:12:49

Hi

Given the high number of abuses of the dxcluster network in the last period many
sysops are making it mandatory to register on dxcluster systems in order to send
spots to the network. Unregistered users will be able to receive spots normally
but will not be able to send them. As a sysop myself I use a password to access
the system I maintain also.

The idea is to add a password field in the N1MM+ Telnet, Clusters, Options
window under the field marked "Logon with". Only users with a password set on
the dxcluster system use the password field. For those who do not (yet) use a
password, it would be desirable to add a ticked "No password required" by
default checkbox.

Thanks, Dan S50U sys S50CLX

--
Gorje, Cerkno h=604m <https://s50e.si/gorje.html>