[Dxspider-support] Dx-World and DxCluster

Mike McCarthy, W1NR lists at w1nr.net
Sat Feb 11 14:49:13 GMT 2023

Thank you Dirk!

I also will try not to be rude but I do not appreciate threats of
immediate disconnection for not complying with the self made DxCluster
police because I am not yet on the mojo branch. I have been running a
cluster since 2000, primarily for my contest club and its large
membership base but also open to all. I do not get compensation or
donations for providing this service.

My node is much more than just a DX cluster for 100+ users and feed for
18+ nodes. It is a WEB, FTP and email server as well. It is running
CentOS 7, which is approaching EOL and needs to be updated.

Given these issues as well as my lack of available time to perform an
update, I have been slowly staging a replacement server for the past 8
weeks or more. It is not yet ready to deploy. I have also made the
decision that I will NOT be deploying it until after the ARRL DX
contests, sometime in March and pending my availability.

So please think about all the other ramifications when making proposals.

73 and best DX,
Mike, W1NR