[Dxspider-support] Dx-World and DxCluster

Mikel EA2CW ea2cw at gautxori.com
Mon Feb 13 09:15:16 GMT 2023

Iain,

Thank you for your contribution to the list. Unfortunately, what I've
described is pretty far away from an ideal world. It is just a minimum
set of measures to raise a bit the security level of the net. OTOH, I
think that solving our problem (partially at least) is more a matter of
time and will, than of money. I am sure that, as ham op, yor are using
software developed for free by individuals or even teams (I am thinking
now on N1MM++ as one of the best examples)

Anyway, the minimum requirements in our case, if someone is concerned
and involved in the search of solutions, should be:

- Use the last (free) software version, no matter which one.

- Use the measures already implemented on it (again for free), like f.i.
password identification needed in order to be able to send a spot.

I hope you met these simple ones.

Related to my own tests, I have started a series of them (off-line of
course) with the unvaluable cooperation (better say guidance) of other
concerned node sysops around here. As soon as I can find the easiest way
to implement them on our systems, be sure that I will publish it.

73 & happy Radio World Day (Feb, 13th)

Mikel, EA2CW

ea2cw at gautxori.com
Bilbao, Bizkaia. IN83MG