[Dxspider-support] Registration for users with multiple SSIDs

Mike G3YPP mike at g3ypp.uk
Tue Feb 14 13:56:19 GMT 2023

Having enabled registration on my node I realise that registration is specific to a <callsign>-SSID.    I have a few users with different filters set for different SSIDs – which is the whole idea of them.

Dirk, is it possible for the registration to apply to all SSIDs for a callsign – is there a security implication here?

I am thinking in particular of where users of programs such as Ham Radio Deluxe have the “increment SSID on lost connection” box ticked and keep changing SSID without knowing it, as well as the users who intentionally use different SSIDs.

Mike G3YPP
Sysop for MX0NCA