[Dxspider-support] Some network data

Mike McCarthy, W1NR lists at w1nr.net
Mon Feb 20 19:53:36 GMT 2023

On 2/20/2023 2:16 PM, Kin via Dxspider-support wrote:

> I think that the execution of the lock request is not being so
> traumatic. It is clear who has not participated in any way.
>
> I ask you, what do you think the next step should be?
>
> Kin EA3CV

Dirk may clarify this but if an outdated node has one link to an updated
node, any bad spots originating from that old node should get dropped by
the updated partner's filtering and not propagate any further. Correct?

I still say that blindly disconnecting and locking out older nodes is an
authoritarian sledgehammer approach and really isn't necessary if the
majority are up to date.

Also, 3 of my partner nodes who were on your block list whom you claim
could not be contacted were contacted directly by me and were unaware of
this whole thing.

Let's now just stop and observe how and if what we have is working.

Mike, W1NR